The ILUMIN project aims to optimise the assessment and treatment of leg management in NHS community services, improving outcomes for patients through the implementation of the following three quality markers:
- Patients with a leg ulcer receiving an ABPI within 21 calendar days of being seen by the service.
- Patients with a venous/mixed aetiology leg ulcer being treated with compression therapy (where suitable).
- Patients with a venous/mixed aetiology leg ulcer in full compression, who are being treated with a 2-layer hosiery kit (where suitable).
Over the past 15 months the ILUMIN team have been working hard with community nursing teams in:
- East Lancashire Hospitals Trust (ELHT)
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT)
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (SRFT)
The teams have been working together to implement the ILUMIN plan through a co-design approach, to ensure that the project operates optimally in each location.
Data collection is currently underway and will continue in some sites until Summer 2019. We look forward to sharing our results with you following data analysis.