Consensus on assessment and treatment outcome measures (CATO) in CAMHS
Clinicians from 3 NHS CAMHS in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire
A multi-method study of current use of routine outcome measurement (ROM) showed:
- Most clinicians regard the use of outcome measures as important, but they are not routinely using them.
- Reasons for clinicians not using ROM include:
1. Lack of training and administrative support regarding ROM
2. Existing measures do not adequately address the needs of some care groups
3. Feedback from measures is not readily accessible, therefore cannot be incorporated into clinical sessions