The Mental and Physical Wellbeing Theme aims to create a person-centred holistic approach to care and service improvement, that recognises how mental and physical wellbeing together can improve patients health and experience. Researchers workin gin this theme in CLAHRC NWL will support the work of CLAHRC NWL to:
- embed whole person thinking across all delivery themes and projects
- involve patients to gain a better understanding of the interaction between physical and mental wellbeing
- identify priorities for improving the physical healthcare of people with severe and enduring mental health needs and the mental health of those with long term conditions
- build up collaborative working across mental and physical healthcare providers, commissioners and patients
- monitor and show demonstrable in clinical outcomes, patient experience and value for money.